Here are some realisations about myself I recalled today on a walk from Oxford Street to Shepherd's Bush, which I feel the need to confess to my readers.
1. The last time I did that journey was on a run on my way home from work near Bank...via a pit-stop at Marble Arch McDonalds for a cheeseburger en route.
2. I fancy girls. Particularly toned and tanned girls who run fast through Hyde Park.
3. I flirted outrageously with my friend's boyfriend this weekend.
4. I told said friend that her boyfriend wasn't an outrageous flirt at all.
5. I informed my new boss today that I had some great new clients to bring to the company. I don't.
6. I would estimate that over half of the presents I received for my last birthday are now in the fine charity shops of Shepherd's Bush.
7. Comments on this blog (good, bad or ugly) make me truly happy.
8. I have eaten the same £2 Tesco lunch deal (FYI prawn sandwich, salt and vinegar crisps and tropical juice) for the last three weeks every day that I've been at work and I will probably have it again tomorrow.
9. I am happier with NewMan than I have been with a man in many, many years. And I am scared shitless about that.
And I think you'd better sit down...
10. I don't actually live in W12. I have a W6 postcode. Yet I am less than 2 minutes walk away from the Green, can see the Empire from my lounge window and every night I fall asleep to the sound of the hustle, bustle and other odd noises of Shepherd's Bush). Talk about postcode lottery.